Disdain's Rift branch was created on February 24th, 2011 during the Rift pre-order headstart event. Many of the founding members had been active in the early betas and long time members of the Disdain family. It was decided early on to adopt a "casual friendly" approach to the game. No longer would we be scheduling our lives around raids, debating countless character specializations and min/maxing for every last ounce of strength from our characters. To accommodate these views, it was decided to roll on a PvE server which would allow our members to casually stroll through questing content without the fear of being dragging into unwanted combat.
We have a large variety of players within the guild, ranging all the way from the chronic alt-reroller who never seems to get out of the first few zones, to players who have bullrushed through the leveling system in an attempt to see as much as possible and get to the end-game aspects of the game. Everyone tries to play together and are friendly with each other. As with all Disdain branches, respect and friendship must overshadow all the loot and prestige. If you're looking for a guild to gear you up, tell you how to play and hold your hand while you try not to stand in fire, Disdain would not be the place for you.
- Monak : Guild Leader
- Monak was the original founder of the Disdain branch in the Rift world. He holds the guild leader title in-game and manages the day-to-day operations of the branch.
- Mondren : Legacy Guild Leader
- Mondren is one of the original founders of the Disdain Gaming family. He holds a guild leader rank in each game we play and is often referred to as a legacy guild leader. He is capable of handling any guild leader activities and recruiting pushes as well as website administration.
- Teco : Legacy Guild Leader
- Teco is also one of the original founds of the Disdian Gaming family. He holds a guild leader rank in rift primarily for the purpose of managing the ranks and keeping the website permissions in synch with the game's promoted players. He's also referred to generally as a legacy guild leader and runst he day-to-day operations of the Disdain Gaming web servers.
- Dekion : Elevated Legacy Member
- Dekion is an elevated member of the Disdain Rift branch. His elevated powers allow him to invite members to the guild, promote and demote ranks as necessary and manage the day-to-day guild questing system. He's known as a "Legacy Member" due to his previous game-play in other games with the Disdain guild.
- Leelu : Elevated Legacy Member
- Much like Dekion, Leelu is an elevated member of the Disdain Rift branch allowing him to invite members to the guild, promote and demote ranks as needed and operate the guild questing system. Leelu's one of the fastest leveling players the guild has and is a wealth of information for fun activities such as zone puzzles, explorations and general Q&A for quests. Leelu is referred to as a "Legacy member" due to his previous commitments to the guild in other branches.
Rift Guild Structure
- Guild Leader
- These people have access to all the in-game management options. These run the day-to-day operations. Some guild leaders, may be referred to as "Legacy Leaders" who have the rank to keep things in-line with the Disdain way of life, while deferring judgment to the local leaders.
- Guild Officers
- These people have nearly the same level access as the guild leaders, with the exception of some of the more high-end management features such as editing ranks. Officers are giving privileged moderator level access to the Member's Only Rift forums and access to the Rift Officers forums.
- Elevated Members
- These people are a handful of trusted members who have been given permission to manage the guild quests as well as invite existing member's alternate characters and set the message of the day. These players are generally from the Legacy member pool who have functioned in an officer role at some point in Disdain's history.
- Legacy Members
- These are people who have played other games with Disdain and had membership in good standing when joining the Disdain branch. Permissions are identical to regular members, it's just a bonus title handed out to long-term family members.
- These are the main population of the guild. They have access to doing the guild quests, using guild perks, etc. They have completed the recruit process or are close friends and family members of existing members.
- People who have applied and been accepted to the guild. They remain a restricted recruit for 27-30 days before being promoted to a full fledged member.